Over two years ago, we started the B2B Power Hour as a LinkedIn Live Show. It wasn't until many months later that it became a podcast and many more until there was a dedicated website to the show.
This show has developed into something much more than just a weekly Live Show.
- We've had tens of thousands of downloads of the podcast
- We were encouraged to build a LinkedIn social selling guide, which started as a Google Doc and is now a 31 module course that contains over 300 pages of content
- We built a consulting business off the success of the show, which is growing into its own thing as we speak
If you've been a long time friend of the show: thank you. Your participation, feedback, and support has meant the world. We would not be able to announce this next step of the show without you and your continued support of the show.
And today: we're launching something brand new.
The One Up Club
We seek to serve the seller who's done with the hustle. The One Up Club is a membership for sellers who want to power up their sales game. Join Today.
You shouldn't need to destroy your mental or physical health to succeed in sales.
It’s time to carve out a different path than the one modeled for us by toxic sales culture. We shouldn’t need to live in constant fear of messing up, missing quota, or being unable to pay bills unless we hustle and burn ourselves out. We achieve success on our own terms.
Buying has changed, but selling hasn't. It's time to catch up.
The digital world has permanently altered the way we buy. But many sales organizations pretend it’s still 2009 and we’re just one automation sequence away from reaching that VP. The truth is the world is noisy, buyers are overwhelmed by choice, and sellers are caught in the trap of just doing “more” without much to show for it. We throw out the old playbook and meet buyers where they’re at.
Technology enables lazy behavior. If you can't sell without automation, you'll fail anyway.
The pressure to scale is undeniable. Ambitious revenue targets lead to quotas that feel unattainable – at least without automation. Too many sellers miss that technology only augments their existing insight and skill. We nail the basics first before we use technology to scale.
There is no silver bullet tactic. Great sellers use insight and intuition, not a fixed playbook.
Sales is a tacit skill. It uses intuition, emotional intelligence, and a lot of practice to build pattern recognition. Scripts are great starting points and frameworks are useful for constantly refining an approach. But a fixed playbook is not the end-point of our learning process. We search for better thinking and strategy instead of diet-pill tactics.
Pipeline solves all problems. Treat your career like a business and you'll thrive.
There are a great number of skills beyond just sales skills that make sellers great. Skills like finance, research, creativity, and improvisation. Practicing like a business owner means stepping outside of the traditional constraints of the role and experimenting with something bigger. We act like franchise owners to master skills that will serve us our entire career.
The Team of Ten
To help bring this membership to life, we're bringing in new voices and perspectives. We're calling it our Team of Ten.
These folks are boxing coaches, not armchair philosophers. They know what it's like to sell and support sellers in 2023 because they're in the field every. single. day.
- Riley Blaisdell. The best networker and community builder you'll ever find. His episode on the show is one of our most popular and for good reason.
- Sarah Filipiak. An enablement leader turned career coach, the word that best describes her is "passion." She knows what it takes to grow in your career.
- Caspian Lewke. A meme rockstar on LinkedIn and someone who's been 'in-seat' for many years. He know what it takes to connect with prospects and earn their trust.
- Melissa Gaglione. The video prospecting queen herself. She knows what it takes to build pipeline as a full-cycle AE, and how to crush it.
- Saad Khan. A sales leader with a unique knack for marketing. Saad knows the realities of leading a team in a constantly changing environment.
- Stephanie Benavidez. An enablement rockstar most famous for her "Savage Sales Tips." She knows the challenges of training and supporting sellers in this environment.
- Morgan Smith. Someone the cat dragged in. (Just kidding - you know this guy)
- Nicholas Thickett. The cat's companion. (Also just kidding - you know this guy)
And we're selecting our final two members from the community at large. Know someone who should be on this list? Learn more and nominate them (or yourself) by clicking here.
For a launching price of $10/month, here's what you get by joining the One Up Club today:
- The best takeaways and insights from the 180+ episode archive of the show, delivered to your inbox every week
- 5+ new resources every month built by the Team of Ten
- Private, member-only invites to live events and live sessions
- Private, member-only invites to Sales Support live
- Early access to new course material
All of this lives on b2bpowerhour.com. Join today. We'd love to have you.
PS. Got a question about sales that you need answered? Call +1 (303) 578-8581 and a member of the Team of Ten will help answer it in a future podcast episode. We're calling it Sales Support 😁