Nick sits down with James “Saywhatsales” Buckley to dive into the massive change that has rocked the sales profession over the past 17 years and have a little fun in the process (James got a cease & desist order)! James breaks apart how onboarding & training have changed since 2019 while touching on the cancer that plagues the sales profession. To top it all off, James talks about sales leadership (or lack thereof) and toast to the greats raising the bar!
Connect with James “Saywhatsales” Buckley
In this episode, we cover:
- How has sales changed over the past 17 years? (5:03)
- James got a cease and desist order (8:23)
- How onboarding & training have changed since 2019 (15:33)
- Tuning out the distractions (25:31)
- The cancer that affects the sales profession (29:43)
- Prospectors are becoming mad scientists (34:54)
- The problem in sales leadership (37:42)
- James’ Power Hour (41:58)
- James’ question for Nick (45:54)
Follow Nicholas Thickett on LinkedIn: https://linkedin.com/in/nicholasthickett
Follow Morgan Smith on LinkedIn: https://linkedin.com/in/morganjsmith
Join the 1Up Club to power up your prospecting. Get access to power plays, special briefings, and even DIY enablement docs that help you prospect better. Learn more at b2bpowerhour.com/join.